The latest legal wrangle between MGA, makers of Bratz, and the ever litigious Mattel has thrown up a surprise twist. This time round Barbie has come out as the loser and owes the Bratz gals a payout of nearly 90 million dollars!
The ongoing fight between the two companies over exactly who owns the copyright of the Bratz doll line has rolled on for several years with the previous court room ruling in 2008 ruling in favour of Mattel. Not so this time but then barbie does have her 120 plus careers to fall back on in order to come up with the cash.
Failing that she could always sell a dream house or two!
- Barbie vs. Bratz: It’s A Doll-Eat-Doll World (time.com)
- Bratz dolls case resolved with $88.4m payout by Mattel (guardian.co.uk)
The Doll Observer
Hello! My name is Simon, AKA "The Doll Observer"! I am a long-time Fashion Doll Aficionado, creator of the online community DollObservers.com and columnist for Haute Doll Magazine.
fashion doll sponsors
TagsAngelic Dreamz Antoinette Barbie Bratz Dionysis Doll doll observers doll photography doll reader Dolls Doll Shows DOTY Ellowyne Wilde Facebook Fashion doll fashion dolls Fashion police Fashion Royalty Flickr Fortune FR:16 Fugu Gene Marshall Haute Doll IFDC INNOQUII Integrity Toys JAMIEshow Jason Wu Jem Ken Las Vegas Madame Alexander Marl & B Mattel News Paris Fashion Doll Festival poppy parker Robert Tonner Superdoll Superfrock Superstar member Sybarite Twitter Venus
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Share the dream… | Fashionnation1on1 on Gene Marshall Rises From The Ashes at IDEX 2013
- Boy on And the Winners Are!
- Today in Fashion History: March 9th | The Stylitics Report on Top 10 Cool Barbie Doll Quotes
- Rich on Here comes the (innoquii) Bride!
- Horsman Ltd Haute Doll Exclusive ‘Heart Chairs’ | The Doll Observer on The 2013 DollObservers.com Fashion Doll Awards are now Open to the Public Vote